Monday, August 8, 2011

Tournament Prep Time!



by Ishamael

Sing it with me!

Silliness aside, the 27th of this month is going to be the date of the next local tournament, and I should have the models ready to play in it. The points total will be 1750, battle points will determine the winner, and I have been painting like a maniac all day. Painting is not part of the score, but finding motivation is rare, and I was on fire earlier.

As for the list I am going to take, it is in a small way not what I would want to, but I am waiting to find an extra Predator for cheap somewhere over the interwebz:

HQ Librarian- Null Zone, Gateway of Infinity 100
Troops
4x 10 Tactical Marines- Combi-Melta, Meltagun, Missile Launcher, Rhino 920
5 Scouts- Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks, Heavy Bolter 100
Elites
3x Dreadnoughts- 2x Twin-Linked Autocannons 375
Fast Attack
2x Land Speeders- Heavy Flamer, Multi-Melta 140
Heavy Support
Predator- Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Hunter Killer Missile 95

This takes me to 1730, so I have twenty points to screw around with. What is there to do except add some Hunter Killer missiles to two Rhinos? To that end, a lead Rhino will start rotated sideways in front of one with the HKM, then the front one moves twelve, the other six, and a couple missiles fly out that I did not have before. I think that will suffice for right now. I would prefer it if I had a second Predator tank instead of the Scouts, but so it goes. One missing Troop unit does not make enough of a difference. :P

So, let's talk deployment now. With these many units hanging about most likely what will happen is that the Speeders Deepstrike, the Predator goes on a flank, one Dreadnought on a flank, then two Dreadnoughts in the center to get cover and support. Or just stand around, muckin about, so they can turn into glorified target locks for more important units. The Marines will Combat Squad, missiles in the back and on objectives. The Librarian will deploy with the Scouts, most likely to one side or another, and late game he will teleport them to contest or grab an objective. Beyond this, focus fire will be used on high-priority targets, and in case of tanks, I have 4 double melta units, then two Deep Striking multi-melta Speeders.

We have no information specifically regarding the missions, but if something comes up I will be writing some more on I will play in this coming tournament. Of course, the night before and the morning of will consist of sacrifice and praying to the gods of the dice and luck for favorable threads.

I'm not dead yet, Ishamael

2 comments:

  1. Hope the guy running this event isn't some loser who rites for one of those silly online 40k blogs... Oh wait. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mehreens are gonna be tough 5 in the tourney, right?

    ReplyDelete