Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Intergalactic Toys Hits Indy


Hey folks, welcome back.  So continuing my unplanned stint away from the Grim Dark, I come today bearing more of a news spot and review rather than my usual observations and musings.  Recently a friend of mine had asked me "Hey... wanna go to this new toy store here in town?"  Me being the ever-poor, but nerd that I am couldn't resist the urge to check out a toy store.  My original mindset was that I would go and take a look around, but probably not buy anything.  Money is tight these days. And yet I still failed spectacularly not to buy something...



Intergalactic Toys is basically a well hidden little gem that I probably would never have seen or found out about were it not for this outing, and I am glad that I made the trip.  The store is a time machine to every gamer's nostalgic childhood, with everything from action figures, to replicas, to statuettes... even a few pieces from the 3A Studios line.  I couldn't believe it.  There is so much here to look through, and the store itself is a great space.  It's a large cinder block wall space, with plenty of room for expansion and decoration as the store settles in.  Right now it's got some empty space, but I can imagine that if my friend's observations about how much it had grown in the past few weeks is any indication, it will be a metropolis for gamers across the spectrum.  The store is a buy and trade store, so there are plenty of options for folks looking to expand or tweak their collections.

I have to say the best part of the trip for me was meeting the store owner, Michael.  This guys is into running a great store, and from my point of view, he does it for all the right reasons.  He is invested in building a great environment for people like us to roam around, hang out, talk shop about this anime, or that comic, or the Marvel movies... whatever the case, this guys rocks.  It's a place I will be returning to when I have a little healthier income to devote to fun toys.

But the point here is that stores like this are a joy to keep around, but they rely on word of mouth exposure. Intergalactic is a store that has roots in Fort Wayne, and so it has a healthy backbone of support from its long-standing predecessor up north, but I want to do my part in getting the word out about this place.  I can't recommend it enough!  10/10 would go again.  5 Stars!  Ebert and Roper give it 2 thumbs up!  It's constructed all the Pylons it needs!

Contact Information
9402 Uptown Dr.
Suite 700
Castleton (just off 96th st. and I-69)
Indianapolis, IN  46256

317-703-TOYS (8697)









Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment