Thursday, November 1, 2012

Rumor Mill: WAAAGH!

Greetings Gentlereaders,

It's another trip around the interwebs today with commentary on the latest juicy bits.  I've got to say this is coming out of left field for me and I hope this doesn't mean that Orks will be taking over the spot from Tau, as they've been rumored to be just around the bend for over a year and now I'm hoping not to be the new Wolves/Dark Eldar who get to wait and be perpetually rumored.  Again credit goes to Naftka, and his source Batty, with my comments in red.  Great find guys!




via Batty (from the Faeit 212 inbox)First we can start with orks what i have heard is that they stay the same with furious charge and mob rules but all orks ( not grots or squigs) will get FnP 6+ as a race because they are basically tough and it takes a lot to kill and stop an ork. ~ I'm glad to see the two core rules (Mob and FC) of orks staying and I'm interested in seeing how an army with, albeit nerfed, FnP without a character or condition will effect the balance of the game..

Most weapons will stay the same except choppas are ap6 but gain ap5 on charge and big choppers will be +2s and ap4 and ap3 on charge.  ~GW knows how to carry on a theme and the ork theme seems to be "GET THE CHARGE."  In fifth, and arguably the current codex boys nobs had no reason to take big choppas, but I think there will be a drop in the use of power klaws if these rumors hold.  If the Nob can pierce power armor on the charge, there will be less reason to take the power klaw if there are other options for anti-tank.

Nobz stay the same but are getting more characterful upgrades available to them, new kinds or grot assistants such as suicide grots(act alot like bomb squigs but prone to blowing up in unit) and ammo runts and attack squigs also more weapon options like Big shootas and such.  ~New grots that are funny and useful is a good thing for the game.  Fluffy and worth considering in tournaments, appeals to both ends of the spectrum.  You know me I love more options, so I'm all for this.

New nob mega armour unit with teleporting abilities but its teleporting works differently from conventional deepstrike bit more random. ~Orks, random, the hell you say!  Orks in bad terminator armor finally get to deep strike, me gusta.

There is a special mek character that can bestow teleportation on D3 units.  Special bloodaxe character with rules that can bring back boyz units once they are destroyed, much like an imperial guard special character.  ~Reminds me of Ahriman.  I wonder if the Dark Angels will have a character giving D3 units outflank.  Send in the next wave with orks is both flavorful and great for a reliable army.  Again, me gusta.

A large multi wound squigoth type creature, not FW, it is ever hungry and uses a hunger points system. if it doesn't fulfill the hunger points in enemy's it will rampage nearest unit friend or foe in order to eat. ~Ever hungry?  I do like the idea of hunger points, more uniqueness.  While I don't like the idea of destroying your own units, I do think the new demonic possession rules make the rampage seem more plausible.


Two new ork psychic lists for weirdboys, Mork more offencive and Gork more strategic. Many powers in the lists get more powerful the more orks are around the weirboy, although the more powerful they are the more dangerous they are if they are miscast as they will often misdirect or hit the weirdboy and unit. ~Multiple lores of magic for each army.  I think it could be good, especially for the psychically starved (rules wise) orks.  It could be bad for a highly psychic dependent army like eldar if they have to roll.  Though there is no indication that orks will have to roll.  I can see the D3 roll in CSM as representative of the fickle gods, but I know Fantasy uses roll for all armies.  The strong powers having large negatives if miscast is a good way to balance the power, though it may not be enoungh, but we can't say as there is no news on what the powers will be.

New ork only fortifications (including an ork rock) and an ork only warlord chart. ~Not sure about the fortification, but the warlord chart sounds about right.

That's all for today folks.  I hope this gives you something to think and talk about in your local gaming group.  Please leave some thoughts here, especially if you're familiar with orks.  We'd love to hear from you.

I'm Underground Heretic and I get to live with that every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment